The challenge contains a list of 100 different themes which are located on the tool bar to the right. Over time I’ll create a piece of art based
on each theme and blog about it. The goal is to keep me motivated about expanding as artist and to have fun doing it!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

# 9. Drive

I added an extra detail picture of the eye. The full scale picture of the drawing just doesn't seem to give it justice.
As I was drawing this I couldn’t help think of the theme and think of a couple of songs that really came to mind. Two in particular Drive by Incubus and Don’t Look Back by Boston
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
And I can’t help ask myself how much I’ll let the fear
take the wheel and steer.” – Drive by Incubus
Don't look back, a new day is breakin
It's been too long since I felt this way
I don't mind where I get taken
The road is callin, today is the day

I can see, it took so long just to realize
I'm much too strong not to compromise
Now I see what I am is holding me down
I'll turn it around

I finally see the dawn arrivin
I see beyond the road I'm drivin
” - Don’t Look Back by Boston



It’s kinda interesting how drawings come out sometimes. This one seemed to finish with a bit dark and sad haze which wasn’t exactly what I was going for. But sometimes even a slip up in a line actually ends up really cool. Just for giggles here is the 2 minute sketch I did on my lunch hour. You can see where the idea came from and how it grew. Who knows maybe I’ll even turn it into a painting some day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment