The challenge contains a list of 100 different themes which are located on the tool bar to the right. Over time I’ll create a piece of art based
on each theme and blog about it. The goal is to keep me motivated about expanding as artist and to have fun doing it!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

# 85. Spiral


I do have to admit M. C. Escher was my inspiration for this drawing. I like the thought of stairways and doorways arranged in a way that the direction of gravity becomes confusing. It’s almost like you lose your own sense of gravity just trying to comprehend it. I took that concept and twisted it to my own style. However, I left the feel and points of gravity to the center and partly to the lower right corner.
My older brother married his gorgeous fiancĂ© last night on New Year’s Eve. It was a truly beautiful wedding. As I was finishing this drawing, a thought came to mind,” life is like a twisting stairway you never know where it might lead or what surprises await. However, with marriage you know you will never have to climb those steps alone.” Congrats big bro!
P.S. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment