The challenge contains a list of 100 different themes which are located on the tool bar to the right. Over time I’ll create a piece of art based
on each theme and blog about it. The goal is to keep me motivated about expanding as artist and to have fun doing it!

Monday, December 20, 2010

#1 The Introduction!

I often post my artwork on the artist host website known as DeviantArt. The other day I was browsing through other artists work and found the 100 Theme Challenge. Immediately I became intrigued.

 
But first, a little about me and why I’m doing this. I was one of those kids that learned how to color inside the lines before most other kids my age. I remember winning a coloring contest in the first grade and from then on art has been a passion of mine. My skill grew through high school and I continued into college to earn an associate degree in fine art. However, Oklahoma is not the most notorious place for new artists and I changed my perspective to focus on a business degree.


Don’t get me wrong, I love everything I’m learning about the business world but studying business at the University of Oklahoma is quite demanding which leads me to have little time to devote to creating new works of art.


I embrace this 100 theme challenge because it gives me a chance to bring more creativity back into my life. It’s a long term commitment that I believe is attainable yet not completely time demanding. My goal is to complete a new piece of art a week and report and how it fits the theme and why I choose to complete it in that manner.


Good Luck to me!




#1 Introduction

1 comment:

  1. I have the pleasure of working with Kayte and I have had the opportunity to look at some of her work. One word; AWESOME! She is not only creative, funny but obviously very talented! I can't wait to see what she is going to draw and post next...I will be adding this to my fav's and checking it out all the time!!! Thanks Kayte...Love it!

    ReplyDelete