The challenge contains a list of 100 different themes which are located on the tool bar to the right. Over time I’ll create a piece of art based
on each theme and blog about it. The goal is to keep me motivated about expanding as artist and to have fun doing it!

Monday, January 17, 2011

# 24. No Time


I’m not sure why but I admit I have a fascination with clocks and here are a few reasons why:
1.       I think it might be because they are easy to manipulate artistically.
2.       They have mechanical innards that you can choose to expose or leave hidden within
3.       The numbers on the face of the clock present their use for uniqueness. (different fonts and styles of typography)
4.        Location or type of clock. Is it a grandfather clock at the top of a stairwell or a hand watch on a morning jogger.
5.       The face of a clock can always be a work of art on its own. I mean really any work of art can become a clock all you have to do is cut a hole in the middle and insert the battery operated clock arms.

And since I’m on the topic I thought I would include 2 older drawings that I did many years ago.  These were the first on my fascination with clocks. I use to go through magazines and cut out all the advertisements for watches along with everything else that showed mechanical parts. I used them to create both of these. The pencil drawing (the one on the right) is one of the pieces that I've sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment