The challenge contains a list of 100 different themes which are located on the tool bar to the right. Over time I’ll create a piece of art based
on each theme and blog about it. The goal is to keep me motivated about expanding as artist and to have fun doing it!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

# 31 Flowers


I guess it’s not a bad thing to start with something a little easy. Flowers are one of the simplest still-life to draw. However, still-life drawings are some what boring in my opinion, so it’s no surprise I had to add my own little tweak to make the drawing a bit more interesting.

I choose to draw an iris because it is one of my grandmother’s favorite flowers. She has several iris gardens in her yard and every spring when they bloom it is just gorgeous! My mom told me once that iris’s are one of the easiest flowers to grow. How fitting, a simple drawing of a simple flower. You plant the bulbs as just sit back and watch. You don’t have to replant them each year they come back on their own yet every year it’s a surprise to see what colors will bloom. Is it obvious that purple iris’s are my favorite?

I’ve decided to mat the drawing and rap it up as a Christmas present for my grandmother. Given that she was the inspiration behind it I think she will really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment