The challenge contains a list of 100 different themes which are located on the tool bar to the right. Over time I’ll create a piece of art based
on each theme and blog about it. The goal is to keep me motivated about expanding as artist and to have fun doing it!

Friday, February 18, 2011

# 81. Pen and Paper


I’m still enjoying messing with collages. This one is really simple but every time I tried placing something else into it I decided it looked better before. It makes some sense though a pencil and a piece of paper can create something simple or something extremely complex.
I learned in my art therapy class that sometimes it not all about just creating something visually aesthetic, sometimes it just about the process of creating. Yesterday in class we did a calming exercise and used crayons to color mandalas while listening to James Taylor. I was one of two people who actually knew who he was. Anyway, it was actually a really nice experience. My mandala looks like something an 8 year old did, but it was really relaxing and helped bring back some piece of mind I’ve lost this week. I love my art therapy class!

No comments:

Post a Comment