The challenge contains a list of 100 different themes which are located on the tool bar to the right. Over time I’ll create a piece of art based
on each theme and blog about it. The goal is to keep me motivated about expanding as artist and to have fun doing it!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

# 66. Change


“Ch Ch Ch Changes” Ever listen to a song and sing it over and over in your head and then one day out of curiosity look up the lyrics and realize the words you’ve sang with the song were wrong? I watched a video once about the band Fallout Boy and all the crazy interpretive lyrics people come up with it was rather funny. But anyway I found myself in that situation earlier this week and as I worked on this collage I thought to myself “well sorry Mr. David Bowie I like the lyrics I sang in my head better”…..  at least for this piece of art.
I know this piece seems to scream a political theme but it’s not really all about Obama. Or at least that’s not was I was thinking while I was creating it. The main thought that came of my mind was “Wow, things really have changed.” Politically have things changed? Or are they still in need of change? I would think a little bit of both. I’ll spare the rant.
Point redirection and back to me and my artwork!  I love collages! Personally I like looking through magazines and cutting out weird advertisements and then forcing them together with different media and just see where it takes me. I’m kind of been thinking about doing a whole series of collages. Here is the material that made this possible:
1.       Random pictures from the free BusinessWeek magazine I get in the mail. I read 
         some articles here and there but I’m glad I could finally put it to good use.
2.       Scrapbook Paper
3.       Pens and Sharpies
4.       Paint
5.       Newspaper (even the free buyers guide that shows up on my doorstep came in handy)

No comments:

Post a Comment