The challenge contains a list of 100 different themes which are located on the tool bar to the right. Over time I’ll create a piece of art based
on each theme and blog about it. The goal is to keep me motivated about expanding as artist and to have fun doing it!

Friday, April 29, 2011

26. Tears


So I read an email this morning that really hurt my heart. Disasters happen, people die, and others come together to help those in need. I was born in Oklahoma, and I live only a few miles from what they call “The Tornado Alley” (Moore, Oklahoma). I remember the May 3rd tornado in 1999, and it was devastating but at least tornados are something most Oklahomans are knowledgeable about. The May 3rd F5 tornado resulted in about 36 casualties. What happened Wednesday night killed more than 300 people. However, it is one in particular that leaves me with a heavy heart.  The tornados went through Tuscaloosa, home of the University of Alabama and ended the life of a fellow brother of Delta Sigma Pi. From what I’ve heard she was a business student that wanted to go to law school and had a bright future ahead of her. As a senior I've had a lot of time to think about gratuation, and it beings me tears to think of graduation invitations never to be sent. Such a tragedy…  I didn’t know Brother Ashley Harrison personally but I do know one thing; the world is better because she dwelt upon it. Her family will be in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment