The challenge contains a list of 100 different themes which are located on the tool bar to the right. Over time I’ll create a piece of art based
on each theme and blog about it. The goal is to keep me motivated about expanding as artist and to have fun doing it!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

# 22. Mother Nature


I know Mother Nature usually means landscape like drawings but for this theme I decided to go with a Native American look.
This is a drawing I created for a lady that I work with. She trained me on some of our quality systems at work and has been extremely nice and given some great professional advice. After she heard about my background in art she called me up and asked if I would be interested in designing the program cover for the upcoming national convention of her organization Native Americans, Alaskan Natives (NAAN). Each year they have a contest to see who can come up with the best design that fits their organization. Well come to find out the following week she told me that the contest was actually already over for this year. I decided to go ahead and draw what I had in mind anyway and give it to her. If nothing else it’s just a token of my gratitude for her kindness.
It's nice to know that there are still good people in the world that look to help others. It's even better to know that there are some people that look for opportunities to help others. I find it's amazing how several people I have met randomly in the recent past that I've had conversations with about myself and how I am pursuing a professional career, and in the end they end up being eger to share their experience and advice with me. I feel blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment